Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 04 September 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. MSP Conference: It’s safe to expect MSSP and cybersecurity updates at the SolarWinds Empower MSP conference this week in Atlanta. Track updates here.
3. Talent – Cyber Attack Simulations: XM Cyber has hired Richard Benigno as SVP of global sales. Benigno looks to expand the company’s global market presence, with a specific focus on the United States.
4. Product Updates: Proofpoint has announced product updates across its cybersecurity portfolio.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. SIEM: Illusive Networks, a provider of deception-based cyber defense, now integrates with LogRhythm NextGen SIEM Platform. The solution provides real-time, post-breach threat detection while enhancing and automating incident response, the companies say.
C. Next Five Technology Conferences
- GSX 2019: Global Security Exchange Conference (September 8-12, Chicago, Illinois)
- MSSP Accelerator – Sales and Marketing Summit (September 10-11, Cedar Rapids, Iowa)
- CISA Cybersecurity Summit 2019 (September 18-20, National Harbor, Maryland)
- Exabeam Spotlight19 (September 30-October 2, San Francisco)
- EuroCACS/CSX 2019 (October 16-18, Geneva, Switzerland)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.