Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 05 December 2018
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the daily business update for Wednesday, December 5, 2018.
19. Election Hacks: The campaign organization for House Republicans was the victim of a cyberattack that exposed email accounts to an unknown intruder during the 2018 election cycle, The Washington Post reports.
18. Penetration Testing – Medical Devices: Alpine Security, a penetration testing company, is introducing services to address cybersecurity for medical devices.
17. Endpoint Protection: SentinelOne, an endpoint protection company, has extended its platform with more endpoint protection (EPP) and endpoint detection and response (EDR) capabilities. The new capabilities include:
- Endpoint Firewall Control — which enables security and IT teams to control the endpoint’s firewall and immunize an organization’s network from data exfiltration and malicious IP addresses.
- Device Control, a feature that enables enterprises to maintain control and visibility over peripheral devices.
16. Integration – SOAR: D3 Security, which specializes in Security Orchestration, Automation and Response (SOAR), has achieved technical integration with McAfee Enterprise Security Manager (ESM). The connection enables accelerated threat detection, analysis, incident response and post-event reporting, and allowing security teams to coordinate seamlessly across all of their tools and resources.
15. IoT and ICS Security – Part One: Symantec has unveiled Industrial Control System Protection (ICSP) Neural, a neural network-integrated USB scanning station that helps organizations protect critical infrastructure by preventing cyberattacks on operational technology (OT). The platform is available for pre-order now, with general availability expected in 2019.
14. IoT and ICS Security – Part Two: Respond Software and ForeScout Technologies have developed a technical integration called Virtual ICS Threat Analyst Logic (VITAL). The partnership was initiated by SecurityMatters, now part of ForeScout, to help automate threat analyst decision-making processes for industrial control system (ICS) asset owners.
13. IoT Security: Pulse Secure has expanded its Zero Trust security platform with IoT and firewall auto-provisioning, and behavioral analytics. The capabilities surfaced in Pulse Secure version 9.0R3.
12. Talent – NCSA: The National Cyber Security Alliance (NCSA) today announced that former government cybersecurity expert Kelvin Coleman has been appointed as executive director.
11. Talent – Network Security: Awake Security, a network traffic analysis company, has hired Darktrace and McAfee veterans Randy Cheek as VP of sales and Rajdeep Wadhwa as VP of product management. The Awake Security Platform is a network traffic analysis (NTA) solution designed to help organizations combat sophisticated cyber threats and improve overall visibility.
Continue to page two of two for items 10 to 1.