Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 05 February 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the daily business update for Tuesday morning, February 5, 2019.
10. Huawei – Data Privacy: German Chancellor Angela Merkel said Germany needs guarantees that China’s Huawei Technologies will not hand over data to the Chinese state before the telecoms equipment supplier can participate in building its 5G network, according to Reuters. Related: A list of countries and their stance on Huawei equipment deployments.
9. Talent – Security: Symantec has hired Debora B. Tomlin as chief marketing officer. She’ll join the cybersecurity software company on February 22. She previously was VP, chief marketing and customer officer for CSAA Insurance Group.
8. Talent – MDR: CyberInt, a Top 100 MSSP and a provider of managed detection and response (MDR) services, has named Starhome Mach veteran Itai Margalit to the CEO position. CyberInt delivers MDR services to retail, ecommerce, financial services, gaming, and other online-focused industries. The company in May 2018 secured $18 million in a funding round led by technology growth capital fund Viola Group.
7. Partner Program – Palo Alto Networks: The security company announced these partner program enhancements.
6. Managed Network Provider: ControlScan is now certified by Verifone as a Managed Network Service Provider (MNSP). Convenience retailers utilizing Verifone Commander and RubyCi point-of-sale (POS) systems are approved to use ControlScan for managed security and other network-related services, the companies say.
5. Partnership: Interset, a security analytics company that uncovers insider threats, has partnered with CrowdStrike. Partners and customers can leverage Interset’s user and entity behavioral analytics (UEBA) technology in combination with CrowdStrike to detect sophisticated threats, the companies say.
4. App Store: The CrowdStrike Store has opened.
3. M&A – Risk Management: ACL has acquired Rsam. The two software companies focus on governance, risk, and compliance (GRC).
2. Managed Services – Branch Offices: Netsurion has announced BranchSDO, a network management and security orchestration solution for multi-location businesses. Netsurion, as you may recall, also develops the EventTracker unified threat management platform. We’ll explain the company’s overall business strategy — and the implications for partners — pretty darn soon.
1. MSSP Alert Webcasts 2019: Our schedule is posted here. Register now to join us.