Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 06 August 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
Here’s the daily business update for Tuesday, August 6, 2019.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Black Hat USA 2019 News and Analysis: Our live blog from the conference, updated multiple times daily, continues here.
2. MSSP Rebrands: MKACyber, a Top 100 MSSP in 2018, has re-branded as [email protected] LLC. The company develops a security operations center (SOC) platform and associated MSSP services for end-customers.
3. Threat Intelligence and SOAR: Recorded Future has upgraded its threat intelligence offering with three new features: (1) Security Control Feeds; (2) enhanced SOAR integrations; and (3) new curated threat hunting packages.
4. Threat Intelligence and Email: Mimecast, an email and data security company, has introduced Mimecast Threat Intelligence — which offers customers a deeper understanding of the cyber threats their organizations face, the company says.
5. Application Security – Oracle & SAP: deepwatch, a managed security services provider, has embraced Onapsis for a managed application monitoring, detection and response solution that protects SAP and Oracle applications, among others.
6. Cloud SIEM Upgrade: Devo Technology has unveiled a new vision of the company’s cloud-based SIEM platform.
7. Vulnerability Management: Tenable has unveiled Predictive Prioritization capabilities within Tenable.io and Tenable.sc. for vulnerability management in the cloud and on-premises. The capabilities “accelerate the discovery, prioritization and remediation of vulnerabilities before they are published in the National Vulnerability Database (NVD),” Tenable asserts.
8. Security Analytics and SOCs: Stellar Cyber has launched Starlight 3.3, a first Unified Security Analytics Platform that supports (1) AI-based dynamic phishing detection and automated event correlation.
9. Marriott Data Breach Costs: Marriott said Monday it booked a $126 million charge in the latest quarter tied to a massive data breach disclosed last year and lowered financial projections for the year, The Wall Street Journal reports.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. Talent: Bitdefender has hired Fortinet channel veteran Bill Bellano to tighten the endpoint security provider’s bond with its top solution providers in North America, CRN reports.
2. Partnership – Threat Intelligence: ReversingLabs now integrates with Anomali, providing complementary and synergistic feeds of malware indicators, the companies say.
3. All Partner Programs: Search the comprehensive ChannelE2E Partner Program Database here. Also, submit your company information here and your partner program can be listed in the database.
C. Next Five Technology Conferences
- Black Hat USA 2019 (August 3-9, Las Vegas)
- EnergySec Security and Compliance Summit 2019 (August 19-21, Anaheim, California)
- GSX 2019: Global Security Exchange Conference (September 8-12, Chicago, Illinois)
- MSSP Accelerator – Sales and Marketing Summit (September 10-11, Cedar Rapids, Iowa)
- CISA Cybersecurity Summit 2019 (September 18-20, National Harbor, Maryland)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.