Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 06 December 2018
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the daily business update for Thursday, December 6, 2018.
7. Milestone Endpoint Protection: Customers have deployed Morphisec Endpoint Threat Prevention to protect more than two million endpoints worldwide. The milestone comes only five months after the company hit its one million endpoint milestone.
6. Cyber Threat Intelligence: Musubu has released MusubuApp, a web application that delivers threat intelligence around IP-driven cyber threats – the number one vector of cybercrime for businesses large and small. MusubuApp allows security and IT professionals to research and identify malicious servers and clients making connections with their websites, apps, mail servers, cloud servers, and other networked assets, the company says.
5. Student Competition: The Mid-Atlantic Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition (MACCDC), presented by the National CyberWatch Center, is gearing up for its next student competition in 2019…
4. Data Protection Expertise: FTI Consulting has expanded its Information Governance, Privacy and Security (IGP&S) practice, and launched a Data Protection Officer (DPO) Service solution within the firm’s Technology segment. The effort includes a DPO-as-a-service offering to help companies satisfy regulatory requirements.
3. Google Cloud Security Command Center: Beta testing is under way. We’ll share more details soon.
2. Black Hat Europe 2018: Our live blog of this week’s conference — and complete ongoing coverage of all Black Hat events — is compiled here.
1. MSSP Pricing Guide: We’ll share managed security pricing tips during our December webcast. Register now to join us.