Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 06 February 2018
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Tuesday, February 6, 2018:
7. DDoS Attacks — Suspect Arrested: Dutch police arrested an 18-year-old man from Oosterhout in connection with multiple DDoS attacks against government, ISP and banking systems.
6. Partnership – SOC Technologies: SentinelOne and Phantom are partnering to integrate their endpoint protection and security operations center (SOC) platform.
5. Fortinet Cloud Appliance: Fortinet’s FortiGate Virtual Machine (VM) is now available for Google Cloud Platform customers. It’s the latest in a growing list of traditional security companies launching their services in major public cloud marketplaces like Google, Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure.
4. M&A: Mavenir has acquired Argyle Data, a big data and machine learning security platform that delivers real-time anomaly detection and predictive analytics for mobile service providers and IoT networks.
3. MSP Patch Management: Zoho’s ManageEngine business unit has extended Patch Manager Plus to the cloud. The automated patch management solution for Windows and third-party applications enables admins to automate the entire patch management process, from patch detection to deployment, the company claims. The service costs $1 per computer per month.
2. Talent: Kroll has named Managing Director Benedetto Demonte to North America Leader for the company’s Cyber Security and Investigations Practice. In his expanded role as a member of Kroll’s Global Cyber Security leadership team, Demonte will help ensure that clients benefit from seamless cyber security services in a world where cyber challenges can span the globe, the company asserts.
1. Check Point Conference: MSSP Alert has arrived at CPX 360 — Check Point’s customer and partner conference. First up on our our agenda: Meeting Safe-T Data, a provider of secure data exchange and access solutions. The company partnered with Check Point last year to a help organizations secure all incoming data channels from known and zero-day attacks. Stay tuned for an update on that relationship.