Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 06 February 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the daily business update for Wednesday morning, February 6, 2019.
8. Microsoft Exchange Warning: Microsoft has released an Exchange Server security advisory. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability to take control of an affected system, US-CERT notes.
6. Cybersecurity Education & High Schools: Palo Alto Networks has launched the Palo Alto Networks Cybersecurity Academy to high school students in Canada. Working in partnership with British Columbia’s Ministry of Education and IBM Canada, the program’s mission is to bridge the skills gap by preparing students for careers in cybersecurity, Palo Alto Networks say.
5. Funding: vArmour, an API-driven cloud security company, has raised $44 million in Series E funding, led by AllegisCyber and NightDragon.
4. Threat Detection and Incident Response: Infocyte HUNT, a threat detection and incident response platform, has gained Activity Trace capabilities. The feature assists incident responders with root cause analysis, triage, and threat remediation.
3. Cyber Insurance Warning Signal: Is the cyber insurance market moving too fast for underwriters? Insurance Business Magazine is raising that very question…
1. MSSP Alert Webcasts 2019: Our schedule is posted here. Register now to join us.