Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 06 January 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Executive Leadership – Cyber Protection: Acronis has hired Cofense, McAfee, HP and Juniper veteran Michael Callahan as chief marketing officer (CMO). Acronis in recent years has expanded beyond its BDR (backup and disaster recovery) software base to offer cybersecurity and cyber protection solutions for service providers and enterprise customers.
2. Executive Leadership – Penetration Testing: Redbot Security, a provider of manual controlled penetration testing, has hired Ramon Lopéz as chief technology officer (CTO).
3. Elephant Beetle Threat Actor: A financially-motivated actor dubbed ‘Elephant Beetle’ is stealing millions of dollars from organizations worldwide using an arsenal of over 80 unique tools and scripts, Bleeping Computer reported.
4. Log4j Vulnerability and Small Business Security: Calyptix Security has released a public Community Shield dashboard, which details the Log4j vulnerability’s threat to the small business community.