Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 06 June 2018
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the update for Wednesday, June 6, 2018.
7. Integration – Threat Hunting: Ziften, which develops visibility and control software for MSSPs, has joined the Microsoft community in contributing to the Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) advanced hunting project.
6. Integration – SIEM: empow, which develops SIEM technology, has joined the Carbon Black Integration Network (CbIN).
5. Free Tool: Cofense has launched CloudSeeker — a free cloud discovery that helps organizations understand what SaaS applications are in use by an organization – sanctioned or not – and allows them to identify configured cloud services, the company says. CloudSeeker can shine a light on which cloud properties an attacker may impersonate to increase authenticity of phishing attacks, Cofense adds.
4. Partnership: SourcetekIT has agreed to resell Hornetsecurity’s solutions to existing managed services customers across North America.
3. Partner Program: Advanced Credit Technologies has launched a reseller program for the company’s CyberloQ Identity Access Management software.
2. Threat Modeling Service: ThreatModeler Software has launched Threat-Modeling-as-a-Service (TMaaS). The managed solution provides automated, collaborative threat modeling to improve cybersecurity and threat management, the company claims.
1. SOC Buildout Costs: How much does it cost to build and staff a 24×7 SOC (Security Operations Center). Register now and find out during our next MSSP Alert webcast.