Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 07 August 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
Here’s the daily business update for Wednesday, August 7, 2019.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. New Side Channel Vulnerability?: Details are here.
2. SMB Cyber Insurance: California leads the nation in small to mid-size business cyber insurance adoption, according to a report released on Tuesday by CyberPolicy, according to Insurance Journal.
3. M&A – Risk Management: Ethics and compliance software and services company NAVEX Global has acquired Lockpath, a provider of integrated risk management (IRM) software.
4. Funding – Linux Security: Capsule8 has received a “multimillion-dollar investment from Intel Capital.” Total funding from multiple investors now stands at $30 million. Capsule8 secures Linux production environments – whether containerized, virtualized or bare metal, deployed on-premises or in the cloud.
5. Multi-Cloud Security Monitoring: Earthling Security has launched a multi-cloud Managed Continuous Monitoring Service and 24 x 7 Cloud-based Security Operations Service for Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, VMware and Google Cloud Platform.
6. CyberArk Financial Results: CyberArk, a provider of privileged access security, announced financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2019. The figures included:
- Second quarter total revenue of $100.2 million, up 29 percent from the corresponding quarter last year.
- GAAP net income of $13.4 million, up from GAAP net income of $8.4 million in the corresponding quarter last year.
The results generally beat Wall Street’s expectations.
7. AT&T Hacker Plot: A hacker paid AT&T employees thousands of dollars to unlock millions of phones over a five-year period, The Verge reports.
8. Spear Phishing and Financial Fraud: A hacker who passed himself off as a Dell staffer working in equipment and services support has pleaded guilty to a spear-phishing campaign that stole nearly $750,000 from the University of California San Diego (UCSD), Naked Security reports.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. All Partner Programs: Search the comprehensive ChannelE2E Partner Program Database here. Also, submit your company information here and your partner program can be listed in the database.
C. Next Five Technology Conferences
- Black Hat USA 2019 (August 3-9, Las Vegas)
- EnergySec Security and Compliance Summit 2019 (August 19-21, Anaheim, California)
- GSX 2019: Global Security Exchange Conference (September 8-12, Chicago, Illinois)
- MSSP Accelerator – Sales and Marketing Summit (September 10-11, Cedar Rapids, Iowa)
- CISA Cybersecurity Summit 2019 (September 18-20, National Harbor, Maryland)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.