Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 07 January 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the daily business update for Monday, January 7, 2019.
7. Facial Recognition & Privacy: The FBI is piloting Amazon’s facial matching software—Amazon Rekognition—as a means to sift through mountains of video surveillance footage the agency routinely collects during investigations, NextGov reports…
6. Partnership – Consumer Security: Verizon’s Home Network Protection (HNP) platform is a McAfee-powered solution. It protects Verizon Fios customers from malicious websites and provides various parental controls, the companies say. The partnership surfaced at CES.
5. Network Security: Netgate has launched the SG-1100 pfSense Security Gateway Appliance, a low-cost network firewall.
4. SIEM and Backup: CyberGlass SIEM 2.0 from CyberGuard360 now integrates with Unitrends backup from Kaseya. CyberGlass SIEM 2.0 provides real-time monitoring of threats — extending from traditional SIEM capabilities to next-generation endpoint security, web and DNS security, Dark Web monitoring and much more, the company claims. We’ll share more details soon.
3. Internet of Things Security: BlackBerry is extending its BlackBerry Secure platform to the IoT (Internet of Things) device market. The move comes as BlackBerry strives to finalize the Cylance endpoint protection acquisition. We’ll share more details soon.
2. Death of Windows 10 Passwords?: That’s the plan.
1. MSSP Alert Webcasts 2019: Our schedule is posted here. Register now to join us.