Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 07 September 2018
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the update for Friday, September 7, 2018.
9. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Warning: Cyberweapons and sophisticated hacking pose a greater threat to the United States than the risk of physical attacks, Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen asserts, according to The Washington Post.
8. British Airways Hacked: British Airways apologized on Friday after the credit card details of hundreds of thousands of its customers were stolen over a two-week period in the worst ever attack on its website and app, Reuters says.
7. AI and Application Security: WhiteHat Security has added artificial intelligence (AI) software to WhiteHat Sentinel Dynamic — a dynamic application security testing (DAST) solution.
6. Partner Program: Cyren has launched the GoCloud Partner Program, which provides resellers, MSPs, and distributors with the opportunity to predictably grow recurring revenue streams through 100 percent cloud security products, the company asserts.
5. ADT Cyber Services: ADT has launched a suite of managed security services that address identity protection, dark web defense, a secure VPN, and home network protection. We’ll share more thoughts soon.
4. Talent – Top 100 MSSP: Optiv Security, a perineal Top 100 MSSP, has named Heiner Luntz as European finance and operations director, where he is responsible for driving the growth of European operations, and managing all general and administrative functions including finance, HR, legal and procurement, the company says. Optiv also named Ian Rigby as European sales director.
3. M&A – Top 100 MSSP: The merger of two companies will form Ensign InfoSecurity (EIS), one of Asia’s largest pure-play cybersecurity firms. EIS revenues will exceed $100 million, and the company will serve Singapore, Malaysia and Hong Kong, while expanding regionally.
2. Cybersecurity Conferences: FireEye and Cybereason are hosting cybersecurity customer conferences the same week in different cities.
- The FireEye Cyber Defense Summit is confirmed for October 1-4, 2018 in Washington, D.C.
- The Cybereason Deep 2018 conference is confirmed for October 3-4, 2018 in Boston.
- All Conferences: Check the MSSP Alert Cybersecurity Conference Calendar for a complete list of upcoming MSSP-related events.
1. Top 100 MSSPs 2018: We’ll unveil the complete 2018 list and research during our September webcast. Register now to join us.