Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 08 May 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the daily business update for Wednesday, May 8, 2019.
9. Partner Program – Endpoint Security: Enosys, an Australian MSSP, has joined the CrowdStrike Elevate Partner Program for cloud-delivered endpoint protection.
8. Partner Program – Managed Detection and Response: Pondurance, a provider of managed detection and response (MDR) security services, has launched a referral partner program for MSPs.
7. SIEM – Exabeam Funding: Exabeam has closed $75 million in Series E funding. The latest round is jointly led by new investor Sapphire Ventures and Lightspeed Venture Partners, which have collectively backed nearly 40 IPOs. Other existing investors also participated. The company claims to be disrupting entrenched rivals in the SIEM market.
6. SIEM – Integration: Indegy, a provider of security solutions for industrial control system (ICS) and operational technology (OT) environments, now integrates with McAfee Enterprise Security Manager (ESM).
5. M&A – Zero Trust Security: Proofpoint is acquiring Meta Networks developer of zero trust network access (ZTNA) technology. Proofpoint will integrate Meta Networks’ ZTNA technology with its cloud access security broker (CASB) and web isolation product lines. Roughly 20 Meta Networks technical team members will join Proofpoint. The deal’s price tag: Roughly $111 million in cash and approximately $9 million in Proofpoint common stock and options.
4. Distribution – SOC as a Service: Synnex has introduced new offerings for security, networking, and UCC partners in a continued effort to address digital transformation in the IT Channel. The effort includes a new SOC as a Service (SOCaaS) solution — though Synnex didn’t disclose the technology provider’s name. Alternatives: Rival Ingram Micro offers SOC as a Service solutions from Arctic Wolf Networks and Digital Hands. Multiple vendors are striving to become the de-facto SOCaaS provider to MSPs, but no clear leader has emerged.
3. Cisco Strategy for MSSPs: Here’s the background.
2. U.S. Cybersecurity – State By State Analysis: Mississippi, Louisiana, California, Alaska, and Connecticut are the riskiest states in the U.S.A. based on consumer preparedness for cyberattacks, according to a new report from Webroot and Wakefield Research.
1. Baltimore Ransomware Attack: Here are the details so far.