3. Funding – Cloud Security:Menlo Security, a cloud security startup, has raised $75 million in Series D funding, led by clients advised by JP Morgan Asset Management.
4. Small Business Cybersecurity: Senators Gary Peters (D-Mich.) and Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) introduced legislation Monday designed to protect small businesses from cyberattacks by making it easier for those companies to access tools to protect themselves, The Hill reports.
6. Talent:Cyber Defense Group, a cybersecurity consulting firm, has named Conor Sherman as its managing partner. Sherman leads the Security Program function reporting to CEO and founder, Lou Rabon. Sherman previous was VP of cybersecurity at CLEAR, a biometrics security company.
7. NSA Cybersecurity Concerns: The United States National Security Agency is failing to live up to government standards for cybersecurity, leaving the spy agency potentially vulnerable to digital attacks, according to an internal watchdog, NextGov reports.
8. Philadelphia Federal Credit Union Security Breach: Roughly 400 customer accounts may have been compromised, according to an ABC News affiliate report.
9. Astaroth Attack: Microsoft has documented a widespread fileless campaign called Astaroth that only ran system tools throughout a complex attack chain, the company says.
11. Hybrid Cloud Security: Kaspersky Security for Virtualization Light Agent is now part of Kaspersky Hybrid Cloud Security. Available through the Kaspersky Security Center console, the enhanced version of the hybrid cloud security solution optimizes protection rollout for large-scale virtual machine deployments and simplifies security management across an entire infrastructure, the company claims.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. AT&T Cybersecurity: VirtualArmour International, an MSSP, has joined the AT&T Cybersecurity Partner Program. As part of the move, AT&T’s AlienVault Unified Security Management (USM) platform will integrate with VirtualArmour’s proprietary CloudCastr client portal. The CloudCastr dashboard provides real-time reporting on threat levels, breach prevention and overall network security, the companies say.
3. Microsoft Office 365 Security:MobileIron has extended its Microsoft Enterprise Mobility + Security (EMS) integration to support Microsoft Intune Device Compliance service for Microsoft 365 and other managed apps. The result: MobileIron can leverage Microsoft Intune and Azure Active Directory Conditional Access to secure applications such as Office 365, the company says.
4. Talent:Lastline, which specializes in network threat detection and response, has named Jarrett Miller as VP of global channel sales. Lastline’s key partner priorities include distributors, resellers, system integrators, and managed security service includes (MSSPs).
5. Risk Management: Third-Party Risk Management (TPRM) specialist DVV Solutions has joined the ProcessUnity Partner Program as an MSP. ProcessUnity’s Third-Party Risk Management automation tools help organizations more efficiently manage the risk associated with their third parties, vendors and suppliers, the company claims.