Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 10 April 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the daily business update for Wednesday, April 10, 2019.
12. Fortinet Upgrade: Fortinet says its new FortiOS 6.2 upgrade supports:
- Broad visibility of the entire digital attack surface;
- integrated protection and detection of advanced threats; and
- automated operations, orchestration and response.
We’ll share more details soon.
11. Google Cloud Platform: Multiple security news announcements surfaced at the Google Cloud Next 2019 conference. Examples include:
- McAfee MVISION Cloud now integrates withGCP Cloud Security Command Center (Cloud SCC) to assist incident investigation, configuration auditing, security and compliance controls.
- Trend Micro now enhances gmail security.
- See more Google Cloud Next 2019 conference news here.
10. Partnership – Email Encryption & MDR: Trustifi and Omega ATC have partnered to integrate email encryption with managed detection and response (MDR) services.
9. Partnership – Phishing Mitigation & SIEM: Graphus, an automated phishing defense platform, now integrates with the Splunk Enterprise Security Platform.
8. Partner Program: Bandura Cyber, promoter of threat intelligence-driven network security, has launched a global channel partner program and also works specifically with MSSPs.
7. Research – Digital Identity Theft: Kaspersky Lab has published the results of an investigation into Genesis, an e-shop that is trading over 60,000 stolen and legitimate digital identities, making successful credit card fraud that much easier to conduct.
6. Private Equity – RedSeal: Private equity firm Symphony Technology Group has taken 70 percent stake in cybersecurity company RedSeal, a deal worth about $70 million, Reuters reports.
5. MSP – Dark Web Monitoring: Eze Castle Integration, a ChannelE2E Top 100 Vertical Market MSP, has launched the Eze Dark Web Monitoring Service to proactively protect clients against the threat of stolen user credentials and targeted account takeover (ATO).
4. MSSP & MDR – Growth: eSentire, a Top 100 MSSP and Top 20 MDR service provider, announced year-over-year global growth of 50 percent, with 40 percent growth attributed to channel bookings in 2018. We’ve reached out to the company for more context on the figures.
3. SOC as a Service: Secure Data Technologies has embraced Arctic Wolf Networks to offer threat detection and response capabilities.
2. NIST Budget Concerns: House Democrats on Tuesday criticized about $300 million in proposed cuts to research and development efforts at the National Institute of Standards and Technology within the White House’s 2020 budget request, FedScoop reports. NIST develops a cybersecurity framework that MSSPs, MSPs, businesses and government organizations leverage to mitigate organizational risk.
1. Top 100 MSSPs – 2019 Survey: The survey is open. Participate and your company could be honored when we unveil the resulting Top 100 MSSPs list and research in September 2019.