Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 10 July 2018
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the update for Tuesday, July 10, 2018.
9. Partner Program: Sword & Shield Enterprise Security, an MSSP in Knoxville, Tennessee, has launched a cybersecurity partner program for MSPs. We’ll share more details soon.
8. Cyber Center: A $100 million Georgia cybersecurity center is set to open today.
7. Talent: Marsh has hired Accenture veteran Kevin Richards as global head of cyber risk consulting — a newly created position at the company. He previously led Accenture’s North America security practice and its global security strategy & risk practice.
6. Cyber Breach Standard: ACORD, an insurance and reinsurance industry data standards body, has collaborated with Aon and Beazley to develop the ACORD Cyber Data Breach Standard. The new standard aims to increase operational efficiency across the global re/insurance value chain, Reinsurance News reports. The Cyber Data Breach Standard will be made immediately available to ACORD member for review and feedback, after which it will be included in the next release of the ACORD Property & Casualty Standards, the report indicates.
5. Investment: Carrick Capital Partners has invested $80 million in Exiger, a cyber risk and compliance consulting firm. The minority stake will support Exiger’s support of global financial institutions and corporations, the firms indicate.
4. Distribution: Carahsoft has agreed to distribute Qualys cybersecurity solutions to federal agencies.
3. The Worst Hacks of 2018: Here’s the list so far.
2. AlienVault Acquired: Breaking details are here.
1. SolarWinds Acquires SOC Technology: Breaking details are here.