Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 10 July 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
Here’s the daily business update for Wednesday, July 10, 2019.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Security Operations Centers – Transformed?: Optiv Security, a Top 100 MSSP, has unveiled customizable offerings that “transform traditional Security Operations Centers (SOCs) into Advanced Fusion Centers,” the company says. We’ll share more details soon.
2. Talent: Andrew Howard will succeed Rich Fennessy as CEO of Kudelski Security on August 1, 2019. Howard currently is CTO of the business. Fennessy has led the the business for the past four years. In 2018, the company generated more than $150 million in gross sales, Kudelski Security says. Fennessy plans to step down from the company when the CEO transition occurs.
3. Patch Management: AssurX Patch Management software is now available. The solution is designed to track all patching alerts and drive related activities in a single command center, AssurX asserts.
4. Cloud-Enabled Security Solutions: Barracuda Cloud Security Guardian for Microsoft Azure is now generally available. The agentless Software-as-a-Service solution provides end-to-end visibility into the security posture of public cloud workloads, ensures continuous compliance, and automates remediation of security incidents, Barracuda says. It leverages Microsoft’s Security Graph API, and also integrates with Microsoft’s Azure Firewall.
5. Private Equity – IoT Security: Clearlake Capital Group and lTA Associates have invested in DigiCert, a provider of TLS/SSL, PKI and IoT security solutions for identity and encryption.
6. IoT Security and Compliance Nightmare: An August deadline to remove banned Chinese security cameras from federal agencies likely won’t be met, Bloomberg reports. Among the reasons: Many federal departments don’t even know what cameras they’re using, the report says.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. Endpoint Security & MSPs: ThreatLocker, an endpoint security specialist in Orlando, Florida, has joined the Kaseya Technology Alliance Partner Program. ThreatLocker announced a similar relationship with ConnectWise a few weeks ago.
2. Distribution – Managed Detection and Response: Ingram Micro has agreed to distribute Critical Start’s managed detection and response (MDR) solutions to U.S. channel partners.
3. All Partner Programs: Search the comprehensive ChannelE2E Partner Program Database here. Also, submit your company information here and your partner program can be listed in the database.
C. Next Five Technology Conferences
- MSSP Accelerator: Sales and Marketing Summit (July 10-11, Cedar Rapids, Iowa)
- Cyber:Secured Forum 2019 (July 29-31, Austin, Texas)
- Black Hat USA 2019 (August 3-9, Las Vegas)
- EnergySec Security and Compliance Summit 2019 (August 19-21, Anaheim, California)
- GSX 2019: Global Security Exchange Conference (September 8-12, Chicago, Illinois)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.