Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 11 February 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the daily business update for Monday morning, February 11, 2019.
7. ConnectWise Automate Fix: The company has posted details about a critical update that MSPs need to apply by March 9. Details are here.
6. Australia Cyberattack: The Australian Parliament disclosed a cyberattack targeting its network on February 7 and 8. So far, evidence does not indicate any information was taken, Dark Reading reports.
5. Voting System Security: The Swiss government has launched a bug bounty program for its electronic voting systems, with rewards of up to $50,000, TechBizWeb reports.
4. Cyber Risk Management: TechAssure and Corax are partnering to promote cybersecurity testing tools that deliver a “hygiene score” — therefore improving the cybersecurity profile of an organization, the two organizations assert.
3. Huawei & Security: The latest skirmish involves the Czech Republic. Details are here.
2. IBM Security: The company, which ranks among the Top 100 MSSPs, will likely share managed security strategy updates during the IBM Think 2019 conference this week in San Francisco. Stay tuned for potential updates.
1. MSSP Alert Webcasts 2019: Our schedule is posted here. Register now to join us.