Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 11 June 2018
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the update for Monday, June 11, 2018.
11. EU Cybersecurity: The European Union is developing a bloc-wide cybersecurity agency and enacting a new certification framework that may create a food label-type standard promising a level of data security on products like connected cars and smart medical devices, according to Law 360.
10. Australia Elections: Australia has established a security task force to guard against cyber attacks and interference in elections, Reuters reports, amid concerns foreign powers are meddling in domestic affairs and ahead of five elections next month.
9. Crypto Breach: South Korean cryptocurrency exchange Coinrail said it was hacked over the weekend, sparking a steep fall in bitcoin amid renewed concerns about security at virtual currency exchanges as global policy makers struggled to regulate trading in the digital asset, Reuters reports. There have been $1.1 billion worth of cryptocurrency-related theft over the past six months, according to Carbon Black’s research…
8. IoT Security: MIT researchers have developed a transmitter that could help prevent hackers from attacking Internet of Things (IoT) devices, v3 reports. Such devices are vulnerable to attacks that are known to locate, intercept, and overwrite the data, and jam signals, the report says.
7. WannaCry Hero Faces More Charges: Marcus Hutchins, the ‘hero’ who essentially stopped the WannaCry malware outbreak least year, faces more computer crime allegations…
6. Talent: Duo Security, which develops zero-trust solutions, has hired William Welch as president and Chief Operating Officer (COO). He previously held key posts at Zscaler, HP, Symantec and Oracle.
5. Top 2018 Tech IPO (So Far): Cybersecurity specialist Zscaler became the best-performing U.S. technology IPO of the year last week, after it announced revenue growth that analysts noted was “well ahead” of estimates, Bloomberg reports.
4. Vertical Markets: LegalSec Summit 2018, a cybersecurity conference for the legal industry, is this week in Virginia.
3. Milestone: Morphisec, which develops moving target defense, now protects more than one million endpoints worldwide. The milestone comes less than two years since he platform’s commercial launch, Morphisec says.
2. Partner Program: Twistlock, a provider of container and cloud native cybersecurity solutions, has launched the Twistlock Advantage Program (TAP). The partner program is designed for technology, consulting and reseller partners across the cloud native ecosystem.
1. SOC Budgeting: How much does it cost to build a Security Operations Center? Join us for answers during this Thursday’s MSSP Alert webcast.