Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 12 July 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
Here’s the daily business update for Friday, July 12, 2019.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. EU-US Privacy Shield: Herjavec Group, a Top 100 MSSP, been certified with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce’s International Trade Administration (ITA). The EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework, proposed in collaboration by the U.S. Department of Commerce and the European Commission, ensures that companies comply with data protection requirements for the transatlantic transfer of personal data from the EU to the U.S., especially for commercial purposes, Herjavev Group explains.
2. Talent: Palo Alto Networks has hired NetApp and IBM veteran Jean English as chief marketing officer. She’ll join the cybersecurity company on August 1, 2019.
3. Talent – Threat Detection and Response: Dragos, a provider of asset identification, threat detection and response platform and services for industrial systems, has named CrowdStrike Co-founder and CTO Dmitri Alperovitch to the company’s board of directors.
4. eDiscovery and Cybersecurity Consulting: iDiscovery Solutions (iDS) has launched iCyber Solutions, a dedicated cybersecurity practice. Existing iDS practice areas include eDiscovery, data analytics, and digital forensics.
5. Funding and Upgrade – Endpoint Security Software: enSilo, which recently raised $23 million in Series B funding, has launched version 4.0 of the enSilo Endpoint Security Platform. The new features include proactive virtual patching; IoT discovery, assessment and control; USB control and expanded orchestration using playbooks that trigger automated actions with third-party security gateways, the company says.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. All Partner Programs: Search the comprehensive ChannelE2E Partner Program Database here. Also, submit your company information here and your partner program can be listed in the database.
C. Next Five Technology Conferences
- Cyber:Secured Forum 2019 (July 29-31, Austin, Texas)
- Black Hat USA 2019 (August 3-9, Las Vegas)
- EnergySec Security and Compliance Summit 2019 (August 19-21, Anaheim, California)
- GSX 2019: Global Security Exchange Conference (September 8-12, Chicago, Illinois)
- MSSP Accelerator – Sales and Marketing Summit (September 10-11, Cedar Rapids, Iowa)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.