Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 13 February 2018
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Tuesday, February 13, 2018:
7. Patch Management: Enterprise administrators can require as much as a year to properly patch systems after a vulnerability fix is released, according to Oracle CEO Mark Hurd. He claims cloud-based systems, particularly Oracle Cloud, can eliminate such headaches since vendors oversee the patch management for their on-demand systems…
6. Digital Bank Heists: Hackers stole more than 1 billion roubles ($17 million) from Russian banks using the Cobalt Strike security-testing tool in 2017, Reuters reports.
5. Partner Program: Auth0, which specializes in Identity-as-a-Service (IDaaS), has joined the Google Cloud Platform Partner Program as a technology partner.
4. Talent Shortage?: 67 percent of cybersecurity leaders do not have sufficient staff to handle the daily barrage of cyber alerts they receive, according to a CISO survey from RiskIQ.
3. Alert Overload: MSSPs, despite their automation know-how, continue to suffer from false positive security alerts, according to an Advanced Threat Analytics survey. We’ll share more data points later today.
2. Momentum: Rapid7, a provider of analytics solutions for security and IT operations, says Q4 2017 revenue was $57.7 million, up 28 percent vs. the corresponding quarter in 2016.
1. Startups: MSSP Alert is attending the Entrepreneurs Roundtable Accelerator (ERA) today in Manhattan. We’re curious to see if our how security startups pop up in conversations at the accelerator gathering.