Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 14 August 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
Here’s the daily business update for Wednesday, August 14, 2019.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
2. M&A – More MSSP Buyouts: Here’s a list of 19 MSSP-related mergers and acquisitions.
3. Phishing Attacks – Financial Services: A growing number of phishing domains have surfaced to potentially attack the world’s 50 largest banks, according to NormShield research.
4. Threat Intelligence – Legal Industry: eSentire, a Top 100 MSSP and Top 20 MDR service provider, has partnered with the International Legal Technology Association (ILTA), to launch vertical market research called the Threat Intelligence Spotlight on the Legal Industry.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
C. Next Five Technology Conferences
- EnergySec Security and Compliance Summit 2019 (August 19-21, Anaheim, California)
- GSX 2019: Global Security Exchange Conference (September 8-12, Chicago, Illinois)
- MSSP Accelerator – Sales and Marketing Summit (September 10-11, Cedar Rapids, Iowa)
- CISA Cybersecurity Summit 2019 (September 18-20, National Harbor, Maryland)
- Exabeam Spotlight19 (September 30-October 2, San Francisco)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.