Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 15 April 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the daily business update for Monday, April 15, 2019.
9. Security Operations Center – Middle East: NGN International, a systems integrator, has partnered with cybersecurity specialist GroupIB to launch a 24×7 security operations center (SOC) in Bahrain.
8. Cybersecurity Policy – Middle East: Saudi Arabia’s National Cybersecurity Center (NCSC) signed an agreement on Friday with the World Economic Forum (WEF) to explore cybersecurity cooperation, the Saudi Press Agency reported.
7. Statewide Cyber Strategy: North Dakota Gov. Doug Burgum, a Microsoft veteran, has signed legislation that empowers the state’s Information Technology Department (ITD) to define cybersecurity for all of the state’s public entities — including cities and counties, state agencies, school districts and institutions for higher education, GovTech reports.
6. Settlement: Fortinet has agreed to pay more than $500,000 to settle allegations it sold Chinese-made equipment to the U.S. government in violation of the False Claims Act, according to The Mercury News.
5. Privacy – FBI Employees: A hacker group has breached several FBI-affiliated websites and uploaded their contents to the web, including dozens of files containing the personal information of thousands of federal agents and law enforcement officers, TechCrunch has learned.
4. Outlook.com Hacked: Microsoft has started notifying some Outlook.com users that a hacker was able to access accounts for months earlier this year, The Verge reports.
3. Microsoft Patch Issues: Recent Microsoft security patches are causing older machines running Sophos or Avast software to freeze or fail to boot entirely after they’re applied, Dark Reading reports.
1. Top 100 MSSPs – 2019 Survey: The survey is open. Participate and your company could be honored when we unveil the resulting Top 100 MSSPs list and research in September 2019.