Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 15 June 2018
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the update for Friday, June 15, 2018.
8. Nation-sponsored Attacks?: Cyber attacks from China on Taiwan’s government computers are becoming more difficult to detect, a source close to government discussions said, as hackers increasingly use online platforms such as search engines to break into systems, Reuters says.
7. Kaspersky vs. European Union: Kaspersky Lab, in response to a resolution adopted by the European Parliament this week, has temporarily halted any collaboration with Europol in cybercrime cases, as well as its participation in a global anti-ransomware effort, Dark Reading reports.
6. Containers and Microservices: Sysdig has launched Sysdig Secure 2.0, an upgrade to the company’s security solution for containers and microservices. The latest version adds vulnerability management, more than two hundred compliance checks, and security analytics, the company says.
5. Partner Program: Tufin, a provider of Network Security Policy Orchestration solutions, has launched a Service Delivery Partner Program. Inaugural partners AERAsec Network Services and Security, Exclusive Networks (UK), and G2 Deployment Advisors.
4. Partnership: ShoCard, a provider of blockchain-based identity management, has inked an integration partnership with OneLogin, which specializes in Unified Access Management. The relationship allows OneLogin clients to adopt blockchain-based multifactor authentication technology, the companies say.
3. Blockchain Security Risks: McAfee has released a report detailing numerous cybersecurity risks associated with blockchain-based cryptocurrencies…
2. Managed Detection and Response (MDR): Endpoint protection provider Endgame has partnered with Expel, a managed security services provider (MSSP). New offerings augment Endgame’s endpoint products with round-the-clock monitoring, threat detection, response services and threat hunting, the companies say.
1. Security Themes?: We expect plenty of security and data protection chatter at next week’s DattoCon18 in Texas and ConnectWise Automation Nation 2018 in Orlando. We’ll be on-hand for both conferences. Stay tuned for business-related updates on ChannelE2E, and potential MSSP-related updates right here on MSSP Alert.