Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 15 March 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the daily business update for Friday, March 15, 2019.
9. IoT Security Standards: A group of bipartisan Senators and House members have introduced legislation that would establish security requirements around IoT devices purchased by government agencies, such as the Department of Health and Human Services, HealthITSecurity reports.
8. Trickbot Malware: The Department of Homeland Security is warning about TrickBot, a modular banking trojan that targets user financial information and acts as a dropper for other malware. It uses man-in-the-browser attacks to steal financial information, such as login credentials for online banking sessions, the organization says.
7. Partnership – Vertical Market Threat Hunting: BlueVoyant and IronNet Cybersecurity are partnering to offer cyber defense and threat-detection capabilities to SMB energy providers in the United States. The joint offering features IronNet’s threat analytics platform and BlueVoyant’s managed detection and hunt services.
6. VirtualArmour Financial Results: The MSSP and cybersecurity firm’s Q4 revenues were $4.4 milliom, up 136 percent from $1.9 million in the corresponding quarter last year.
5. Barracuda MSP Momentum: The latest anecdotes are here.
4. Distribution – Palo Alto Networks: Synnex has introduced multiple services for Palo Alto Networks partners. The effort includes professional services packages to help partner deploy next-generation firewalls; migration and optimization services; cloud-based application deployment for Traps Advanced Endpoint Protection; GlobalProtect cloud service; and Aperture SaaS security services.
3. Email Security: TitanHQ has added both sandboxing and DMARC authentication to the SpamTitan products suite.
2. MSSP Alert Webcasts 2019: Our schedule is posted here. Register now to join us.