Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 17 April 2018
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Tuesday, April 17, 2018. By the way, most of the chatter comes from RSA Conference 2018 in San Francisco.
21. Warning about Russia: The U.S. and UK are warning businesses about cyberattacks allegedly launched by Russia.
20. Federal Cyber Policy: The White House has confirmed that cybersecurity coordinator Rob Joyce will head back to the National Security Agency, where he previously ran the nation’s top hacking team, Wired reports. His departure comes just a week after Tom Bossert, Trump’s cybersecurity czar and Joyce’s boss, was forced out—and leaves the administration without two trusted voices on one of the most important challenges the US faces going forward, Wired says.
19. Hybrid Cloud Security: Kaspersky Lab has launched a Hybrid Cloud Security offering that integrates with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure.
18. IKEA Breach: Ikea’s TaskRabbit marketplace and associated app is investigating a cybersecurity incident, the company has announced.
17. Internet of Things: Intrinsic ID’s digital authentication technology for IoT security and embedded applications, has been deployed in more than 100 million devices.
16. Microsoft: The company has unveiled numerous cybersecurity product launches…
15. Firewall as a Service: Untangle has unveiled Firewall as a Service for Amazon Web Services. It leverages a BYOL (Bring Your Own License) model.
14. Asset Tracking: Qualys has unveiled two free services called CertView and CloudView. They allow organizations to track and monitor all their digital certificates and cloud assets.
13. Network Security: FireMon, which specializes in network security policy management, has unveiled FireMon Global Policy Controller (GPC). The policy orchestration platform “delivers efficient, compliant security configurations in seconds, global visibility and management of network posture, and continuous security control for traditional and virtual platforms,” the company claims.
12. Partner Program: Nyotron, which develops an OS-centric positive security solution to strengthen endpoint protection, has expanded its partner program activity across the US and the UK. True believers include Adept4, a UK-based MSP.
11. Partnership – SOC Automation: LogicHub and Anomali have partnered to equip Security Operations Center (SOC) teams with new features for threat detection and response, the companies say.
Continue to page two of two for items 10 to 1 in today’s blog.