Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the daily business update for Thursday morning, January 17, 2019.
11. Talent:Box has hired SAP veteran Lakshmi Hanspal as CISO.
10. Venture Capital: Cybersecurity firms attracted $5.3 billion in venture capital for 2018, up 2o percent from $4.4 billion in 2017, according Strategic Cyber Ventures.
9. FBI Data Leak:The Oklahoma Securities Commission accidentally leaked millions of files onto the Internet. The exposure included FBI investigation files, UpGuard reports.
8. Apparent Momentum: SecurityScorecard experienced 100 percent annual recurring revenue (ARR) sales growth for the fourth consecutive year, though the company did not disclose actual revenue or profit figures…
6. M&A – SAP Application Security: Onapsis, which specializes in ERP cybersecurity and compliance, has acquired Virtual Forge of Heidelberg, Germany. Virtual Forge’s technology prevents, detects and remediates cybersecurity and compliance risks for SAP customers.
5. Security Operations Center – Expansion: CenturyLink has unveiled its eighth global security operations center (SOC), this one located in the Asia Pacific region.
4. SOC as a Service: Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) is partnering with Lucideus to launch SOC as a service for stock brokers. Lucideus is backed by former Cisco Systems CEO John Chambers.
3. NOC to SOC:Telefónica is transforming its UK network operations center into a SOC. Nokia is a key partner on the project, Telecoms reports.
2. MSSP Platforms:LDM Global, a cybersecurity consulting firm and MSSP, will leverage Arctic Wolf Networks and KnowBe4 for SOC as a Service, security awareness training and simulated phishing services.