Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 17 July 2018
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the update for Tuesday, July 17, 2018.
8. Managed Security: Optiv Security, a Top 100 MSSP, has unveiled a new Privileged Access Managed Service. The remotely delivered, managed offering, is designed to help public and private entities better protect privileged credentials, the most valuable link in the security chain and the source of a significant number of breaches, Optiv notes. We’ll share more thoughts soon.
7. Email Security: Symantec has introduced Email Threat Isolation, which blocks advanced email attacks on end user devices by helping to protect users against spear phishing, credential theft, account takeover and ransomware attacks, the company asserts.
6. Partner Program: Auth0, a an Identity-as-a-Service (IDaaS) provider, has expanded its Partner Program.
5. Container Security: Alert Logic has unveiled an intrusion detection system (IDS) for software containers. The IDS offering announced at AWS Summit in New York, is available in the Alert Logic Cloud Defender and Threat Manager solutions.
4. Funding: Insider threat management provider ObserveIT of Boston, Massachusetts has raised $33 million in Series B funding led by Bain Capital Ventures, Spring Lake Equity Partners and NightDragon Security.
3. Network Security Services: Infoblox has updated its Network Identity Operating System (NIOS) platform, enabling organizations to rapidly deploy network and security services via the cloud, the company claims.
2. Server Security: Sophos has unveiled Sophos Intercept X for Server, which is positioned as “next-generation server protection with predictive deep learning technology that provides constantly evolving security against cyber threats.”
1. Threat Detection and Alerting: RapidFire Tools has upgraded and rebranded its Detector SDS internal threat detection and alerting tool. The new product name, “Cyber Hawk,” comes along with new functionality to help MSPs improve their internal cybersecurity service delivery, while at the same time delivering the documentation they need to help justify their value to their clients, the company says.