Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 18 March 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the daily business update for Monday, March 18, 2019.
8. Integration – AI and Microsoft Azure: DataVisor, a fraud detection company, has integrated its artificial intelligence platform with Microsoft Azure AI, enabling users to gain real-time fraud detection across billions of cloud accounts, the company says.
7. Blockchain Vulnerabilities: Cybersecurity researchers detected over 40 vulnerabilities in some blockchain and cryptocurrency platforms between February 13 and March 13, according to a Hard Fork investigation.
6. Hacker for U.S. President?: Democratic presidential candidate Beto O’Rourke belonged to one of the best-known groups of computer hackers as a teenager, Reuters reports…
5. Penetration Testing – Federal Government: Operating divisions of the Department of Health and Human Services need to shore up security controls to more effectively detect and prevent certain cyberattacks, according to a new federal watchdog report, GovInfoSecurity says.
4. Breach – Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA): Massive IMAP-based password-spraying attacks successfully breached Microsoft Office 365 and G Suite accounts, circumventing multi-factor authentication (MFA), according to an analysis by Proofpoint, BleepingComputer reports.
3. Small Business Cybersecurity: The National Cybersecurity Society (NCSS) has partnered with Atlas Cybersecurity, an MSSP, to promote various security services to small business clientele. On the talent front, Atlas recently hired Root9B veteran Eric R. Stride as CTO.
2. MSSP Alert Webcasts 2019: Our schedule is posted here. Register now to join us.
1. Top 100 MSSPs – 2019 Survey: The survey is now open. Participate and your company could be honored when we unveil the resulting Top 100 MSSPs list and research in September 2019.