Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 18 October 2018
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the update for Thursday, October 17, 2018.
10. McAfee MPower: The security company announced a range of technology upgrades during a conference in Las Vegas yesterday. We’ll share more details soon.
7. Funding – SOAR: Syncurity, a provider of Security Orchestration, Automation and Response (SOAR), has received a $2 million institutional investment led by the Maryland Technology Development Corporation (TEDCO). The company will leverage the money to drive channel and technology partnerships, while also enhancing Syncurity’s IR-Flow platform.
6. Partner Program – Gmail Security: Zix Corp, an email security provider for Google G Suite and Gmail, has added 12 Google partners to its partner program.
5. Cloud Monitoring: DisruptOps has raised $2.5 million in seed funding and launched a SaaS-based cloud management platform to implement automated control of cloud infrastructure. The DisruptOps founding team includes CEO Jody Brazil (previously CEO and co-founder of Firemon); CTO Brandy Peterson (formerly CTO of FishNet Security) along with Rich Mogull, Mike Rothman, and Adrian Lane, the principals of security research firm Securosis.
3. MSSP Partnership: Blue Ridge Networks and Vericlave (an MSSP) are partnering to provide hardware, firmware and software cybersecurity solutions, purpose-built for the industrial and critical infrastructure markets.
2. European Master MSSP: SolarWinds MSP has selected Falanx Group as software company’s first Threat Monitoring Service Provider (TMSP) partner for the UK and South Africa. SolarWinds unveiled the TMSP partner program in September. The effort sets the stage for a two-tier partner program, in which Threat Monitoring Service Providers extend their SOC services to customers as well as smaller MSPs. We therefore suspect Falanx will become a so-called Master MSSP that supports smaller MSPs.
1. Top 100 Cloud MSPs for AWS, Azure: See the list when ChannelE2E unveils research results during a webcast today (Thursday, October 18).