Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 18 September 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. M&A – Managed Detection and Response (MDR): Ernst & Young (EY) has acquired ElevatedPrompt Solutions, a Vancouver-based cybersecurity firm that targets enterprises.
4. Talent – Financial Services: Financial services research and advisory firm Aite Group has hired Senior Analyst Joe Krull to join the company’s cybersecurity practice. Krull will split his time between San Antonio, Texas, and Tel Aviv, Israel.
5. Talent – Healthcare MSSP: Cylance veteran Benjamin Denkers has joined CynergisTek as senior VP of security and privacy services.
6. Talent – Government Sector: Accenture has hired ECS veteran Aaron Faulkner to lead Accenture Federal Services (AFS) cyber practice.
7. IoT Security – Legislation: Proposed legislation involving IoT device security would cost the U.S. government about $35 million to roll out over five years, according to the Congressional Budget Office, Law360 reports.
8. Automation – Network Security: FireMon is promoting an automation process designed to “take the traditional market for Network Security Policy Management (NSPM) solutions to the next level,” the company asserts.
9. Research – SMB Cyber Attack Costs: SMBs are greatly underestimating the cost of cyberattacks, according to new research from AppRiver, a Zix company.
10. Research – SMB Cybersecurity: LogMeIn’s latest findings are here.
11. Data Protection: nCipher Security, an Entrust Datacard company, announces nShield as a Service, a cloud-based hardware security module (HSM) service that allows organizations to protect sensitive data and applications and helps meet compliance mandates, the company asserts.
13. MSPs – Password Management: IT Glue unveiled several new password-related features at the company’s GlueX conference in Phoenix. The company is also integrating QuickPass with IT Glue, allowing MSPs to automatically update their Active Directly passwords via the documentation platform.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1, Partnership – Zscaler and CrowdStrike: The duo will partner to integrate CrowdStrike Threat Graph with Zscaler’s cloud security platform. Partners and customers will gain real-time threat detection and automated policy enforcement that improves security across their networks and endpoints, the two vendors say.
3. Oracle and Multi-Cloud Security: Aviatrix, a provider of networking and security services for multi-cloud enterprises, has extended its portfolio of services to the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI).
4. SIEM – AWS Cloud: Securonix SIEM as a service has achieved AWS Security Competency.
5. Partner Program: D3 Security’s CONNECTED Global Sales Channel and Partner Program has experienced “significant growth” since its October 2018 launch. The program, focused on SOAR solutions, now includes Vistas Global of Qatar and 2B Innovations of the United Arab Emirates, D3 said. Still actual partner deal flow and associated revenues were not disclosed.
C. Next Five Technology Conferences
- CISA Cybersecurity Summit 2019 (September 18-20, National Harbor, Maryland)
- Exabeam Spotlight19 (September 30-October 2, San Francisco)
- EuroCACS/CSX 2019 (October 16-18, Geneva, Switzerland)
- Infosecurity and ISACA North American Expo and Conference (November 20-21, New York City)
- RSA Conference 2020 (February 24-28, San Francisco)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.