Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 19 April 2018
by Joe Panettieri • Apr 19, 2018
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Thursday, April 19, 2018. By the way, most of the chatter comes from RSA Conference 2018 in San Francisco.
7. Government Budgets: How much do counties spend on IT security? Here’s one example: Mecklenburg County in North Carolina is pursuing a $2.3 million budget to address policies, prevention, security operations, monitoring response, network policies, applications, and data.
6. Partner Program Part One: The Authoriti Network has launched a Software Developer Partner Program to prevent data misuse. The program enables ISVs and software engineers to embed Permission Code generation within their apps.
5. Partner Program Part Two: Cofense, a provider of human-driven phishing defense solutions, has relaunched its global reseller program with the intent of becoming a 100 percent channel sales company. The company, formerly named PhishMe, has 300 partners so far. Senior VP of Global Sales Gordon Lawson and VP of Global Channel Sales Robert Iannicello are leading the effort.
4. Partnership: Ultius, which provides an Internet-based marketplace for consumer document preparation services, has embraced Armor for cloud-based security and compliance solution.
3. Endpoint Protection: SentinelOne’s endpoint protection platform has gained Risk and Vulnerability Management capabilities. Partners can now prioritize the most vulnerable applications, devices, and groups on their networks, the company says.
2. Training: VirtualArmour International, an MSSP, has established the VirtualArmour Academy, an institution for cybersecurity education and training. VP of Managed Services Andrew Douthwaite, in association with University of Utah and Tees Valley Cyber College of Teesside, England, developed the concept.
1. RSA Conference Wrap-Up: Stay tuned for more coverage from the RSA Conference right here…