Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 19 April 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the daily business update for Friday, April 19, 2019.
5. Russians Allegedly Hack Florida: The FBI suspects that Kremlin agents breached the network of “at least one” Florida county government after sending phishing emails to local election officials, special counsel Robert Mueller said in his report, Law30 reports.
4. Google Cloud Security Command Center: Numerous companies are integrated with the new Google Cloud Security Command Center (Cloud SCC). Key supporters include:
- Check Point Software Technologies. The integration between CheckPoint’s CloudGuard Dome9 platform and the Google Cloud SCC enables customers to analyze and respond to security events, assess compliance posture of projects, identify risks and gaps, perform in-place remediation, enforce compliance requirements and verify compliance in audits directly from the Google Cloud SCC, the company claims.
- Capsule8, which provides attack protection for Linux production environments – whether containerized, virtualized, or bare metal.
3. Funding – Home Security: Kangaroo, a New York-based home security startup, raised $10.26 million in Series A funding led by Greycroft.
2. Managed Detection and Response (MDR) Services: Milton Security Group has launched a Proof of Value (POV) trial for the company’s Managed Detection and Response (MDR) services.
1. Top 100 MSSPs – 2019 Survey: The survey is open. Participate and your company could be honored when we unveil the resulting Top 100 MSSPs list and research in September 2019.