Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 19 December 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
2. Microsoft Office 365 Exploits: Microsoft Office represents more than 70 percent of the most commonly exploited applications worldwide, PreciseSecurity reports.
3. Talent – BlackBerry Cylance vs SentinelOne: BlackBerry has accused SentinelOne of systematically poaching its top talent during a court hearing in central London where the Canadian company tried to block a salesman from jumping ship, The Register reports.
4. Research – MyKings Botnet: A SophosLabs report takes a close look at MyKings and the “Slow but Steady Growth of a Relentless Botnet.”
5. Endpoint Protection – Asia Pacific: SentinelOne has announced a localized version of the SentinelOne platform for the Japanese market, and is hiring sales and support professionals in the region. Actual headcount figures were not disclosed. On a related note, the company has generated 600 percent year-over-year growth in the Asia-Pacific (APAC) market, though actual financial figures were not disclosed. Meanwhile, SentinelOne has quietly gained momentum in the MSP and MSSP partner markets. The company has relationships with ConnectWise; ConnectWise’s recently acquired Continuum business; and SolarWinds MSP.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. Cyber Insurance & Risk Mitigation: The Hartford‘s Cyber Center now includes detection of digital risk exposure from Terbium Labs, as well as a custom product that uses BlackBerry’s CylancePROTECT to safeguard business infrastructure.
2. Network Security: Nozomi Networks Inc., a provider of OT and IoT security, has received Cisco Compatible certification to integrate with Cisco Identity Service Engine (ISE).
C. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- CPX 360: Check Point 2020 Conference (January 27-29, New Orleans)
- PerchyCon 2020 MSP Security Conference (January 29-31, Tampa, Florida)
- RSA Conference 2020 (February 24-28, San Francisco)
- Women in CyberSecurity (WiCys) Conference 2020 (March 12-14, Aurora, Colorado)
- OKTA Oktane 2020 Cybersecurity Conference (March 30-April 2, San Francisco, California)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.