Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 19 February 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the daily business update for Tuesday morning, February 19, 2019.
10. Australia Cyberattack: A cyberattack on Australia’s parliament was carried out by foreign agents, Prime Minister Scott Morrison said, coinciding with a warning from the country’s top intelligence official that spying against the key U.S. ally has reached unprecedented levels, The Wall Street Journal says.
9. Settlement – Wendy’s Security Breach: The Wendy’s Co. will pay $50 million to financial institutions to settle claims that the fast-food restaurant chain had weak data security systems that let hackers access customers’ credit card information, Bloomberg Law reports.
8. Funding: PerimeterX has raised $43 million in Series C funding to expand its product portfolio beyond its PX Bot Defender solution. The current bot mitigation offering analyzes for its customers tens of billions of events daily and prevents bot attacks launched from dozens of countries around the world utilizing millions of IP addresses and IP enabled-devices.
7. ATM Security: TMD Security has launched a new suite of security solutions for banking ATM (automated teller machines).
6. Unified Access Management: OneLogin, a provider of Unified Access Management, is simplifying access to on-premise and cloud applications with packaged solutions for Oracle E-Business Suite, Oracle Peoplesoft and Atlassian’s Jira and Confluence applications, the company says. The updates surfaced in OneLogin’s Winter 2019 Release.
5. Software Defined Perimeter: Pulse Secure has integrated an SDP (Software Defined Perimeter) architecture within its Secure Access platform and included Pulse SDP as an add-on within its Access Suite.
4. 5G Wireless Network Security: Fortinet has unveiled “extensive capabilities for securing the path to 5G” networks, the company says. The Fortinet security platform offers 5G service providers: Advanced protection for mobile core network and telco cloud: Powered by Fortinet’s Virtual SPU Technology, FortiGate Virtual Network Functions (VNFs); integrations with NFV and SDN vendors for virtual infrastructure; and deep visibility and control for IoT services on edge clouds, the company says.
3. Partner Program – Check Point Software Technologies: The company has launched a new partner program.
2. SMB Security Monitoring: Bluedog of London is seeking MSPs and resellers for its SMB security monitoring service.
1. MSSP Alert Webcasts 2019: Our schedule is posted here. Register now to join us.