Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 19 June 2018
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the update for Tuesday, June 19, 2018.
7. Security Appliances: Pulse Secure Appliances are now certified for Microsoft Azure and available in the Azure marketplace.
6. Big HIPAA Fine: A lack of device encryption will cost a Texas-based cancer treatment center $4.3 million in civil monetary penalties from the Department of Health and Human Services, according to GovInfoSecurity. Indeed, a judge ruled that The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center violated the HIPAA privacy and security rules.
5. Top Penetration Testing Tools: What are the most useful tools for web application penetration testers? Here’s one list to check out…
4. ConnectWise Part One: Business automation software provider ConnectWise and Cisco Systems announced an SMB-centric technology and business partnership in 2017. By early 2018, the relationship grew to involve a new ConnectWise Advanced Security Dashboard. We’ll be checking to see where that relationship is potentially heading next during ConnectWise Automation Nation 2018 this week in Orlando.
3. ConnectWise Part Two: Managed security services is a key priority for ConnectWise. The concept: Integrate with the next generation of security vendors, while training technology teams to sell and support security services. Among the names to watch at this week’s ConnectWise Automation Nation 2018 conference: AlienVault, Barracuda MSP, BitDefender, Cisco Umbrella, Cylance, ESET, Malwarebytes, Sophos, Trend Micro, VIPRE and Webroot… just to name a few.
2. Partnerships: Continuum has announced formalized partnerships with EventTracker (SIEM) and SentinelOne (Endpoint protection). The partnerships surface one week after Continuum acquired CARVIR, an MSSP and SOC provider that leverages EventTracker and SentinelOne to support MSP partners.