Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 19 November 2018
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the daily business update for Monday, November 19, 2018.
12. Top 10 Cloud Access Security Brokers: They’re listed here.
11. Partnership: Rapid7 Inc. has agreed to provide Starr Insurance Companies Cyber Risk Response policyholders with front-end loss prevention services…
10. Nation Sate Hackers: Hackers associated with Russian intelligence recently began impersonating U.S. State Department employees as part of a scheme targeting potential victims across several critical sectors, catching cybersecurity experts by surprise nearly two years since the suspected state-sponsored group last surfaced, The Washington Times reports.
9. Dark Web Hacked: Daniel’s Hosting, one of the largest providers of Dark Web hosting services, was hacked on November 15 and taken offline, ZDNet has learned.
8. Microsoft Office – GDPR Violation?: Does Microsoft Office gather information in a way that violates GDPR? Here’s an alleged answer.
7. Phishing Mitigation and Training: Symbol Security, a SaaS-based phishing simulation and training company, now offers its flagship phishing simulation platform to the general public. It allows customers, MSPs, and security consultants to provide ongoing phishing testing and training with degrees of difficulty ranging from beginner and baseline testing, to the use of customized templates that mimic socially engineered attacks used by Cyber Criminals in the most effective phishes, the company claims.
6. Microsoft Security Partners: Zimperium, a provider of mobile threat defense (MTD) technology, has joined the Microsoft Intelligent Security Association to help organizations identify and defend against mobile cyber threats, the company says.
5. NIST Privacy Framework: NIST is seeking comment on an emerging privacy framework…
4. Threat Intelligence: RedLegg is promoting Watchtower, a tool that allows its managed security services team to better manage, investigate, and gather intelligence around security threats identified in customer SIEM deployments, the company asserts.
3. Cylance Partner Reaction: How are partners reacting to BlackBerry’s $1.4 billion buyout of Cylance? Among the key perspectives: Infogressive CEO Justin Kallhoff offers his views in this MSSP Alert Video:
2. AWS Cloud Security: It’s safe to expect cloud security updates from the AWS re:Invent 2018 conference next week in Las Vegas. Here’s a preview from ChannelE2E.
1. MSSP Pricing Guide: We’ll share managed security pricing tips during our December webcast. Register now to join us.