Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 20 June 2018
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the update for Wednesday, June 20, 2018.
5. Certification: ISACA’s flagship certification, the Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), is marking its 40th anniversary. The CISA certification, with its traditional connection to the audit/assurance community and growing applications for risk, security and data privacy professionals, has been earned by more than 140,000 global practitioners since its inception in June 1978, the association says.
4. Legislation: U.S. federal agencies would be required to more thoroughly vet products’ cybersecurity supply chains before buying them under bipartisan legislation introduced in the Senate, NextGov reports. The bill comes six months after Congress ordered agencies to scrub Kaspersky Lab’s security software from their systems because of concerns it could be used by the Kremlin as a spying tool, the report notes.
3. Louisiana Data Breach Law: Louisiana Governor John Edwards signed an amendment to the state’s Database Security Breach Notification Law.
2. Funding: CrowdStrike has raised $200 million in new funding, and Cylance has raised a $120 million funding round. We’ll share more details on both items soon.
1. MSSP Investigates Healthcare Data Breach: CarePartners, a home care service provider to Ontario’s Local Health Integration Networks (LHINs) has hired Herjavec Group — a Top 100 MSSP — to investigate a data breach.