Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 20 June 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
Here’s the daily business update for Thursday, June 20, 2019.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Funding – MSSP: Expel, an MSSP that offers SOC as a Service, has raised $40 Million in Series C funding led by Index Ventures with participation from Battery Ventures, Greycroft, NEA, Paladin Capital Group and Scale Venture Partners. To date, Expel has raised $67.5 Million in funding.
2. Funding – Network Security: Valtix has raised over $14 million in funding from Trinity Ventures, Vertex Ventures and Wing Venture Capital. The Valtix Security Platform spans the Valtix Cloud Controller and Valtix Cloud Firewall.
3. Funding – SaaS-Delivered Cyber: Defendify, a SaaS-delivered cybersecurity platform developer, has raised $1.6 million in pre-seed funding led by private investors with participation from Maine Technology Institute (MTI) and 3dot6 Ventures. The company is seeking to build a channel-centric delivery model.
4. Funding – Phishing Prevention: Ironscales, which develops an automated phishing prevention, detection and response platform, has raised $15 million in Series B funding led by returning investor K1 Investment Management. The funding comes amid Ironscales’ ongoing global channel partner program expansion.
5. AI and Data Breach Protection: Coronet has upgraded its data breach protection platform SMB customers, MSP and MSSP partners. Coronet, which has its own artificial intelligence technology, can now alert users via a simple inbox view each time abnormal situations that might negatively affect company security or productivity occur, the company asserts.
6. Managed Detection and Response (MDR): CI Security is beta testing a suite of active containment solutions called Critical Insight Rapid Quarantine (CIRQ). The solutions provide new options for rapid incident response, allowing CI Security Analysts to initiate quarantine of infected systems after detection, the MDR company says.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. Cloud Distribution: Pax8 has agreed to distribute SentinelOne, an autonomous endpoint protection platform. SentinelOne, recently acquired by Insight Venture Partners, also has close MSP-focused relationships with Continuum and SolarWinds MSP.
3. BitDefender: The company has launched a revamped MSP Program within its overall partner program. The levels include:
- Bronze — the Bronze partners represent the entry level into the MSP Program benefiting from tier-based pricing, usage breakdown visibility per customer, Level 2 Support and NFR license keys for internal use.
- Silver — starting with the Silver level, partners’ benefits are higher, including access to Marketing Development Resources, dedicated Partner Success Manager and Partner Locator listing.
- Gold — these partners are the most rewarded by the Bitdefender MSP Program, as they reach the highest benefits including a dedicated Technical Account Manager and potential entry to the Partner Advisory Board and Reference Program.
4. Online Marketplace: The CyberArk Marketplace is expanding to support more capabilities to help partners and customers leverage privileged access-related technology integrations.
5. Natural Language Security: Armorblox has launched The Armorblox Partner Program VARS, VADs and MSSPs. The Armorblox Natural Language Understanding (NLU) platform prevents and halts cybersecurity breaches that occur through employee communications – including email phishing attempts, business email compromise (BEC), accidental data disclosures, and insider threats, the company says. The new tiered program is led by Brian Harmon – formerly Palo Alto Networks, Agari, Trend Micro, and Illusive – who joined Armorblox as SVP of sales and channel.
6. Talent -SIEM: JASK has hired Delphix veteran Iain Chidgey as international vice president and general manager. As JASK’s first dedicated leader in the EMEA and APJ regions, Chidgey is responsible for accelerating company growth globally, including expanding its channel presence, the SIEM provider says.
7. Talent – Asset Management: Cybersecurity asset management company Axonius has made multiple talent moves — some of which involve channel initiatives. Details include:
- Lenny Zeltser has joined the company as vice president of product;
- John McCabe was appointed as senior director of worldwide channels and alliances, and Gil Zimmermann has joined the company’s advisory board.
8. Partner Program: StrongKey is now a member of the Infineon Security Partner Network, combining the company’s innovative research and solutions with Infineon’s leading-edge security technology. The strategic partnership will bring benefits to the automotive, aerospace, biotechnology, finance, government services markets and more.
9. Identity Management: Ping Identity has launched a combined solution with iovation, a TransUnion company, to provide customers with intelligent authentication to support Zero Trust architectures., the companies say.
10. PSA Integrations: Breach Secure Now! (BSN), a data security platform, now features integrations with Datto Autotask and ConnectWise Manage, two popular professional services automation (PSA) platforms for MSPs. BSN’s platform addresses dark web analytics, employee security training, and security risk assessment.
B. Next Five Technology Conferences
- AWS re:inforce Cloud Cybersecurity Conference 2019 (June 25-26, Boston, Massachusetts)
- MSSP Accelerator: Sales and Marketing Summit (July 10-11, Cedar Rapids, Iowa)
- Cyber:Secured Forum 2019 (July 29-31, Austin, Texas)
- Black Hat USA 2019 (August 3-9, Las Vegas)
- EnergySec Security and Compliance Summit 2019 (August 19-21, Anaheim, California)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.