Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 20 May 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
Here’s the daily business update for Monday, May 20, 2019.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Funding – SIEM and SOAR: Siemplify has raised $30 million in Series C funding and plans to further expand its MSSP partner program. This is the latest in a growing list of SIEM-related funding deals the past few weeks. Earlier examples include Sumo Logic raising $110 million and achieving a $1 billion valuation, and Exabeam raising $75 million.
2. Remote Control Software Breach: TeamViewer has been the victim of a cyberattack which was discovered during the autumn of 2016, but was never disclosed, BleepingComputer reports. This attack is thought to be of Chinese origins and utilized the Winnti backdoor. This is the latest disclosure in a growing list of remote access/remote control-related breaches across the software industry.
4. Super Yacht Cybersecurity: Yes, there’s a market for that…
5. Department of Homeland Security – Stretched Thin: The U.S. Department of Homeland Security is asking its cybersecurity employees to focus instead on mini-deployments to the U.S.-Mexico border, according to The Daily Beast.
6. Breach Notification Law: New Jersey businesses will soon be required to notify affected consumers following a data breach that involves online account information that would allow access to the consumer’s online account, according to an amendment that takes effect on July 1, 2019, JD Supra reports.
B. Cybersecurity & MSSP Partner Programs
Send me your partner program updates for potential mention in our next daily update: [email protected].
C. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- Palo Alto Networks Ignite19 (Start date: June 3)
- Carbon Black Connect 2019 (June 3)
- Security Operations Centers: Build or Partner? (Webcast – June 6)
- Gartner Security & Risk Management Summit (June 17)
- AWS re:Inforce Cloud Cybersecurity Conference (June 25)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
That’s what’s on our radar for today. Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.