Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 20 September 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Respeonse (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Top 200 MSSPs 2019: In case you missed the news. We unveiled the Top 200 MSSPs for 2019 yesterday. Previous editions of the annual list honored 100 MSSPs. This year’s edition, at twice the size, reflects MSSP Alert’s rapidly growing readership and the world’s growing consumption of managed security services. Thanks to folks like you, MSSP Alert’s readership has grown every month, year over year, since launching in May 2017.
2. IoT Security Law – Confusion: A California law focused on Internet of Things (IoT) security, set to go into effect on January 1, 2020, is causing mass confusion, according to DarkReading.
4. University Grant: Indiana University-led Cybersecurity Center of Excellence has received $12.5 million renewal grant from the National Science Foundation.
5. Ping IPO: Shares of Ping Identity rose about 30 percent during the company’s IPO yesterday.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. Carbonite-Webroot: Carbonite, parent of Webroot, will move away from a partner program that required robust certifications to get a healthy margin and instead embrace a model where certifications provide a margin boost but aren’t a barrier to entry, according to VP Charlie Tomeo (via CRN).
C. Next Five Technology Conferences
- CISA Cybersecurity Summit 2019 (September 18-20, National Harbor, Maryland)
- Exabeam Spotlight19 (September 30-October 2, San Francisco)
- EuroCACS/CSX 2019 (October 16-18, Geneva, Switzerland)
- Infosecurity and ISACA North American Expo and Conference (November 20-21, New York City)
- RSA Conference 2020 (February 24-28, San Francisco)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.