Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 21 February 2018
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Wednesday, February 21, 2018:
9. Cyber Task Force: U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions on Tuesday announced he would create a task force to examine how his Justice Department can better combat global cyber threats, including efforts to interfere with elections or damage critical infrastructure, according to this report.
8. Cyber Insurance Reality Check: As the cyber insurance market grows, a specialized process to support cyber claims could make or break insurers, according to Tom Spier, director of international business development at Cyber Scout.
7. Threat Landscape Report: Per-firm cyberattacks nearly doubled and swarm cyber attacks targeted IoT systems with growing intensity, according to a Fortinet Threat Landscape Report for Q4 2017.
6. Phishing Attacks Trigger Bitcoin Thefts: McAfee Advanced Threat Research (ATR) analysts have discovered an aggressive Bitcoin-stealing phishing campaign by the international cybercrime group Lazarus that uses sophisticated malware with long-term impact, the company says.
5. Continued SWIFT Attacks: Cybercriminals are using the SWIFT financial services network in devious ways, Comodo says. Recently, experts from Comodo Threat Research Lab discovered this new sophisticated attack, where the perpetrators used SWIFT to camouflage the malware penetration into multiple enterprises’ networks, the company says.
4. Container Security: These five core facts about container security should help enterprises to more effectively safeguard containers, according to The Enterprisers Project.
3. Funding: Vectra, which automates the hunt for in-progress cyberattacks, has closed a $36 million in Series D funding led by Atlantic Bridge.
2. Latest Meltdown & Spectre Fixes: The latest Meltdown and Spectre vulnerability alerts and fixes are listed here.
1. AlienVault MSSP Outreach: AlienVault continues to open its arms wider to MSSPs.