Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 21 June 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
Here’s the daily business update for Friday, June 21, 2019.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Hackers Hit MSP Software Platforms Again: New cyberattacks have hit MSP software platforms and extended ransomware out to end-customer systems, according to reports. The MSP software attacks apparently involved compromised credentials rather than software vulnerabilities. Here are the latest details.
3. Vulnerability Management as a Service: ePlus has launched Vulnerability Management as a Service, providing identification, prioritization and remediation of organizational cybersecurity weaknesses that leave data at risk, the IT solutions provider says.
B. Next Five Technology Conferences
- AWS re:inforce Cloud Cybersecurity Conference 2019 (June 25-26, Boston, Massachusetts)
- MSSP Accelerator: Sales and Marketing Summit (July 10-11, Cedar Rapids, Iowa)
- Cyber:Secured Forum 2019 (July 29-31, Austin, Texas)
- Black Hat USA 2019 (August 3-9, Las Vegas)
- EnergySec Security and Compliance Summit 2019 (August 19-21, Anaheim, California)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.