Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 21 May 2018
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Monday, May 21, 2018.
5. Breach. Hackers have breached Securus Technologies, a company that buys up smartphone location data of private citizens and sells it to law enforcement, according to Motherboard.
4. Cyber Insurance: The adoption rate of cyber insurance is about 55% among Fortune 500 companies, 35% for small to medium-sized businesses and 10% for smaller businesses, said Tracie Grella, global head of cyber risk insurance at insurer American International Group, according to The Wall Street Journal. Growth in the adoption of cybersecurity policies has been steady at around 20% per year for the past five years, she said.
3. SQL Cloud Security: Microsoft has launched SQL Vulnerability Assessment for Azure SQL Database. The service allows partners to discover, track and remediate potential database vulnerabilities the company says.
2. Security Operations Centers: CyFlare has announced a “SOC in a Box” platform that resellers can offer to their end-customers. The solution includes 24×7 proactive monitoring & investigation, a dedicated technical account manager and a SOC created executive security briefing report that summarizes the state of their security. We’ll share more thoughts soon.
1. Conference: Ignite18, a Palo Alto Networks cybersecurity conference in California, is set for this week. We’ll be tracking developments closely.