Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 21 May 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
Here’s the daily business update for Tuesday, May 21, 2019.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. How to Make Money From Manage Security Services: Attend our ChannelE2E webcast this Thursday for the answers.
2. Security Testing Suite: Spirent Communications now includes the NetSecOPEN test suite into its CyberFlood testing platform. CyberFlood users gain the ability to perform assessments of their security systems using NetSecOPEN’s open network security test standard methodologies.
3. Talent – Identity and Access Management: Identity Automation has hired Talin Bingham as CTO. He most recently was managing director at Vista Equity Partners, the private equity firm.
4. AWS Cloud Security: Infocyte has launched Infocyte HUNT Cloud for Amazon Web Services (AWS). It features agentless deployment through AWS APIs and artificial intelligence (AI) to identify, categorize and respond to persistent, hidden and other advanced threats and vulnerabilities, Infocyte asserts. The service will extend to Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform (GCP) later this year, the company adds.
5. AWS Cloud Leak – Instagram User Data: A massive database containing contact information of millions of Instagram influencers, celebrities and brand accounts has been found online — left wide open on Amazon Web Services. It’s the latest example of users failing to properly security data on AWS.
6. Baltimore Ransomware Attack: The painstaking recovery process could stretch on for months, and some applications will need complete rebuilds, Baltimore city officials say.
B. Cybersecurity and MSSP Partner Programs
1. Partner Program – API Security: Wallarm, an AI-focused API security company, has opened its first office in London and appointed Vlad Nisic as regional VP of channel sales to lead EMEA growth. Nisic previously held positions at Bugcrowd, Dell EMC, Symantec, Orchestria and Guidance Software.
2. Talent – Bitglass: The cloud access security broker has hired Jon Peppler as VP of worldwide channels and Benjamin Rice as VP of worldwide business development. Peppler previously held key posts at Menlo Security, Proofpoint and OpenText. Rice is a veteran of Blue Coat Systems, Egnyte and Ositis Software. Bitglass has nearly 200 channel partners across the Americas, EMEA and APAC regions.
C. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- Palo Alto Networks Ignite19 (Start date: June 3)
- Carbon Black Connect 2019 (June 3)
- Security Operations Centers: Build or Partner? (Webcast – June 6)
- Gartner Security & Risk Management Summit (June 17)
- AWS re:Inforce Cloud Cybersecurity Conference (June 25)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
That’s what’s on our radar for today. Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.