Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 21 September 2018
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the update for Friday, September 21, 2018.
7. US Cybersecurity Policy: The White House has unveiled cybersecurity policies designed to protect American citizens and infrastructure. But will it truly deter foreign attackers from targeting US interests? Here’s a look.
5. SIEM Market Research: The SIEM market will reach $6.75 million by 2023, according to Arcluster — though the market researcher did not disclose current revenue figures or forecasted growth rates in a statement…
4. SIEM Upgrade: LogPoint has unveiled version 6.5 of its SIEM solution and version 2.0 of its User and Entity Behavior Analytics (UEBA) module. LogPoint says key capabilities include automated threat detection; more control through advanced analytics; deeper insights; and machine learning that delivers enriched data.
3. SOC: Knightscope will unveil its sixth-generation Knightscope Security Operations Center (KSOC) user interface at the GSX (Global Security Exchange) conference in Las Vegas.
2. Security Conferences: Global Security Exchange (GSX) 2018 is scheduled for next week in Las Vegas. Also, the Cyber Security Chicago Conference 2018 kicks off on September 26. We’ll closely track both conferences. Related: Check the MSSP Alert Cybersecurity Conference Calendar to track industry events worldwide.
1. MSP Security Conference: Continuum Navigate, the company’s conference for MSP partners, starts September 24 in Boston. Watch for CEO Michael George to offer a detailed update on Continuum’s managed security services for MSPs. PS: Watch for Webroot CEO Mike Potts to potentially surface at the conference. Continuum and Webroot are longtime partners.