Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 22 June 2018
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the update for Friday, June 22, 2018.
7. Election Security: Los Angeles County has hired IBM Security Services, a Top 100 MSSP, to conduct an independent review and evaluation of the systems and procedures used in the production and printing of voter rosters for the June 5 Statewide Direct Primary Election, SCVTV reports.
6. Cybersecurity Center: Trillium Secure, which develops cybersecurity platforms for vehicles and fleets, has opened a Midwest Operations and R&D Center in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
5. Cyber Insurance: CyberPolicy is emerging as an online marketplace for buying small business cyber insurance.
3. Hybrid Services: Cylance Inc. has unveiled CylanceHYBRID and CylanceON-PREM, two new deployment and management options for CylancePROTECT endpoint security. The offerings ensure Cylance supports public cloud, private cloud and air-gapped networks.
2. MSSP Partner Program: Aella Data has upgrade its Starlight Pervasive Breach Detection System (PBDS), which can now be deployed pervasively across all network infrastructures. The upgrade features multi-tenancy capabilities for MSSP and MDR (managed detection and response) partners. Aella is building an MSSP partner program to align with the upgrade.
1. ConnectWise MSSP Meeting: ConnectWise CEO Arnie Bellini yesterday held a closed door meeting with about two dozen CISOs, MSSPs and MSP CEOs, we have confirmed. What apparently was discussed? We’ll share some exclusive details on MSSP Alert today.