Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 22 March 2018
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Thursday, March 22, 2018:
5. Conference: The Nordic Identity & Access Management Conference in Helsinki is set for May 24, 2018, conference organizers say.
4. Saying Goodbye: Best Buy will cut ties with China’s Huawei Technologies, a person familiar with the matter said, amid heightened scrutiny on Chinese tech firms in the United States, according to Reuters.
3. DDoS Mitigation: Google Cloud Platform now features a DDoS attack mitigation service, according to the search giant. True believers in the overall Google Security Command Center strategy include Qualys, which is integrating into the system.
2. Shared Security Operations Center (SOC): Five universities have launched a joint cyber security operations center called OmniSOC. A subscription-based service, OmniSOC helps minimize the time from when an institution learns of a cyber threat to when it responds to a threat, according to the participating universities. OmniSOC’s founders include Indiana University, Northwestern University, Purdue University, Rutgers University, and the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. Indiana University hosts the SOC.
1. Thank You: To multiple IBM Security sources who met me this week at the IBM Think conference this week in Las Vegas. We’ll post some meeting recap details soon.