Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 22 May 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
Here’s the daily business update for Wednesday, May 22, 2019.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. ConnectWise Automate – Security Add-On?: Who or what exactly is Third Wall? We’re checking for more details.
2. M&A – Security Awareness Training: Security awareness training and simulated phishing expert KnowBe4 has acquired CLTRe, which develops security posture tools and frameworks.
3. Funding: Guardicore, a maker of data center and cloud security products, has raised $60 million in a private funding round, bringing the company’s total funds raised to $110 million, Reuters reports.
4. Funding – Threat Detection & Response: MistNet, a threat detection and response platform provider, has raised $7 million in Series A funding led by Foundation Capital.
5. Mock SEC Audits: Agio, a provider of cybersecurity and managed IT services for the financial services industry, has enhanced an SEC cybersecurity mock audit service. The offering provides guidance for registered investment advisers and broker-dealers on the administrative, technical, and physical policies required to safeguard customer records and information in compliance with SEC requirements, Agio asserts.
6. Apple Mac Security: Digital Guardian is partnering with “Friends of Objective-See,” a program designed to safeguard macOS users from malicious attack.
7. Cloud Security Services: Coalfire has launched Secure Cloud Automation Services (SCAS) and Cloud Security Strategy & Maturity Assessment services.
8. Research: The 2019 State of Enterprise Secure Access report from Pulse Secure is now available.
B. Cybersecurity and MSSP Partner Programs
1. Coronet: The security as a service provider has launched an MSP partner program. Coronet’s services include
- 24/7 monitoring of their customers for cyber security threats;
- automatically blocking suspicious and abnormal user behavior;
- identifying and preventing sensitive data leakage (such as PII, PHI and PCI);
- preventing malware and ransomware spreading in cloud applications and email; and
- ensure that employee and company devices are secured, and connect to safe networks, the company asserts.
2. Palo Alto Networks: Armor and RestorePoint are the latest companies to officially join Palo Alto Networks’ RedLock MSSP partner program.
3. Integrations: Tenable’s new integrations include BlackBerry, Microsoft, and Alphabet’s Chronicle. In total, Tenable is announcing 19 total new or enhanced integrations across Mobile Device Management (MDM), public cloud infrastructure, SIEM and IT Service Management solutions.
C. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- Objective By the Sea 2019 – Apple Mac Security Conference (June 1-2)
- Palo Alto Networks Ignite19 (June 3-6)
- Carbon Black Connect 2019 (June 3-5)
- Security Operations Centers: Build or Partner? (Webcast– June 6)
- Gartner Security & Risk Management Summit (June 17-19)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
That’s what’s on our radar for today. Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.