Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 23 April 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the daily business update for Tuesday, April 23, 2019.
10. Talent – Incident Response: Arete Advisors, an incident response and forensic investigation firm, has hired cybersecurity experts Michael Stewart, Rae Jewell, Peter Hubert, and Matt Hanyok for key posts across the business.
9. Department of Defense Security: Symantec is now a member of the United States’ Department of Defense’s (DOD) Defense Industrial Base (DIB) Cybersecurity (CS) program. The DIB CS program is a voluntary cyber threat information-sharing initiative established by the DOD to enhance and supplement DIB participants’ capabilities to mitigate cyber attacks.
8. Network Security as a Service: OPAQ Networks has introduced new offerings that provide up to 15 Gbps of hyperscale security-as-a-service networking to support digital transformation initiatives. The OPAQ Cloud provides direct Gigabit connectivity to ISP exchanges and comprehensive network security for organizations that require carrier-grade network performance and security for hybrid and multi-cloud environments that span on-premises, Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) resources.
7. AWS Cloud Security: ShieldX has introduced so-called “lateral movement prevention” to the ShieldX Elastic Security Platform for AWS. Also known as East-West security, enterprises can monitor and prevent lateral movement inside the AWS public cloud to complement ShieldX’s existing capability for VMWare ESXi and Microsoft Azure, the company says.
6. Retail and PCI Security: SecurityMetrics is extending data security and compliance services to Wireless Zone, a wireless retail franchisor that has 375 franchisees.
5. MDR – Financial Services: Tranwall and Foregenix are partnering to promote MDR services that protect banks against so-called ATM cashout fraud.
4. MDR – Funding: CI Security has raised $9.6 million in Series B funding to promote MDR-focused services in healthcare and the public sector. Alan Frazier’s East Seattle Partners led the round.
3. M&A – Government Cybersecurity Services: Jacobs, a global engineering firm, is acquiring KeyW Holding, a cybersecurity firm serving the U.S. intelligence community, for $815 million.
2. M&A – Risk Management: Jensen Hughes has acquired Hillard Heintze, a strategic security and corporate investigations consulting firm.
1. Top 100 MSSPs – 2019 Survey: The survey is open. Participate and your company could be honored when we unveil the resulting Top 100 MSSPs list and research in September 2019.